We have Elk River Platinum series with padded aluminum seat, makes for an
extra pound or so, but worth it in the air, like sitting in a swing at
every tie work point. Even on the climb breaks, your arms and feet all get
to rest while sitting on your butt.

Add an adjustable DBI snap hook positioning rope lanyard  positioning rope
and the Elk Rover Flex Zorber, and a good cable grab.

If your climber is very experience, he should have a good say in what he
needs. It is most important that each climber is comfortable with the
equipment as being totally at ease and comfortable with your equipment is
one of the most safety requirements. Nothing worse then be going under a
tower arm and not liking a snap or lanyard or something taking your
attention away from the move.