Having been involved in several sales (7 to be exact)  here is what I know.
Please know I am tech guy and there are much better business folks on here that
could talk circles around me.  I just have been in the thick.

-Have as much of everything documented as you can.  Tower sites, IPs, where
stuff is.  You would be surprised how many WISPs don’t.
-Have contracts on your towers/grain legs/rooftops/whatever.  Nothing makes a
buyer more nervous then not knowing if their towers will be there tomorrow. Do
this now because if tower owners catch wind of you selling they may demand
better terms.  Get them locked in when things are running normal.
-Don’t get hung up on your equipment. Don’t let the buyer try to negotiate you
down based upon your equipment too.  Most successful sales I see focus less on
the equipment and more on the business.  What does the business do today if
nothing is changed? How much money does it bring in? Where can we trim costs
without doing a single upgrade?
-Have stats on backhaul capacities, AP capacities, etc. Potential buyers look
at this for promotions, upping speed packages in areas, etc.

If you have to choose have the business side in order before the tech side.
The tech side can be fixed with money.  If the business side is missing money
because clients aren’t being billed, lots of collections, etc. then it’s an
uphill battle.

Just some random thoughts.

Justin Wilson
j...@mtin.net