Steve,

AFAIK (without doing a lot of research) there is nothing in the ISM regulations
that specifies channel size.  The rules cover frequency, use, out of band
emissions, etc. but so not specify channel size, modulation, etc.

Even if the equipment is certified the details of the installation and antenna
installation may result in out of band emissions into the band the company has
a license for, and the FCC can and will investigate and potentially cite you as
the operator if there is actual interference.  The difficult part on both sides
(you and the licensed operator) will be proving that the interference exceeds
the OOB limits that the licenses are based on.   The licensed user gets
protection to a specified level, but nothing more.

Mark

Mark Radabaugh
WISPA FCC Committee Chair
fcc_ch...@wispa.org