And I think the main reason of the invetion was on the Physical layer
.to cut on the costs of laying power cables to the RF devices.Otherwise
it's a good Technology.
Observation.We had PoE cable for our Cisco damaged and we couldn't
belive that  though the device was powering ment that the cable was okay.
What I mean Powering any device with PoE doesn't mean your data will go
through.
Questions
1If power interferes with data how come PoE doesn't even for 100m distances
2 Can I wire my building with PoE joke :-D

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>There is 1 message in this issue.
>
>Topics in this digest:
>
>      1. Re: ANYBODY HAVE MORE DETAILS ON PoE DETAILS.
>           From: Harshal Chhaya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Message: 1
>   Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:05:07 -0600
>   From: Harshal Chhaya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: ANYBODY HAVE MORE DETAILS ON PoE DETAILS.
>

>Power over Ethernet is not a connectivity std like HomeRF or HomePNA.
>It is a way to supply electrical power over the Ethernet connection.
>In a wireless LAN scenario, PoE is very useful when the AP is not near
>any electrical outlet.
>
>The standards group that defined the spec is at
>http://www.ieee802.org/3/af/ while http://www.poweroverethernet.com/
>has some additional details.
>
>- Harshal

>*******
>Wireless LAN Weblog - WLAN Forum
>http://www.wireless--lan.com/
>
>Wireless LAN Search
>http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=6750665
>
>Wireless LAN Jobs - WLAN Jobs
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wlanjobs/
>
>http://www.azhttp.com/
>
>http://www.science-fairs.com/
>

>If you got this from someone else you can join at
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wirelesslan/ or
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>To unsubscribe: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  / ''We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are''\
  \ ,,                                                           ,,/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/5AhqlB/TM

*******
Wireless LAN Weblog - WLAN Forum
http://www.wireless--lan.com/

Wireless LAN Search
http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=6750665

Wireless LAN Jobs - WLAN Jobs
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wlanjobs/

http://www.azhttp.com/

http://www.science-fairs.com/

If you got this from someone else you can join at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wirelesslan/ or
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo! Groups Links