Stephen Fisher wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 10:22:15AM -0000, Douglas Pratley wrote:
>
>> Are there any other encodings / decodings it would be worth having
>> available (uuencode? zip?). This might be better done as a full
>> "Select bytes and decode / encode" feature rather than something in a
>> copy menu.
>>
> Good point.  For viewing encoded e-mail contents, uudecode support may
> be useful, though it's not very popular these days as far as I can tell.
> We could go the whole way and even add viewers for images contained
> within capture files.  I'm not sure how useful this would be?

Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail ;-)))

Ok, serious again,  this is more of a question about a general way to
copy/export/display "generic objects". Why not be able to
copy/export/display a picture from a HTTP capture, or a HTML page, or ...

Other analyzers will provide you with a list of files, derived from the
captured HTTP packets, with an option to display/export it.

That reminds me of the media dissector which already gets in that
direction - we are getting more and more into the application layer -
and I like it :-)

Regards, ULFL