After a deeper analysis of some captures I have I've got to the
conclusion that it is not a good idea. The GT is something different
that what i believed it to be.

I was considering a way to group together TCAP transactions taking
into account that for some of those I've seen responses coming from a
different opc than the dpc of the begin, now after a detailed analysis
of those traces  I noticed that this was due to a (unavoidable)
misbehavior of the "Flow Graph" where the same SCTP packet carried
more M3UA packets destined to different PCs and being pinfo->src set
to the opc of the second M3UA packet the flow graph have the arrow
coming from the wrong OPC. (That's a problem caused by the 1:1
relation between frame and packet wireshark assumes)

Other than that I found MAP requests with two GT (from mobile's IMSI
to HLR's) whose response to has different GTs (HLR's to VLR's), thus
invalidating any assumption I made about the GT being determinant in
establishing to which TCAP transaction does the packet belong that was
the issue that had me coming with the (demential) idea.

Luis

On 3/28/07, Abhik Sarkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmmm... OK, I have yet had to use the M3UA dissector, didn't know
> that. Anyway, in SUA/SCCP too, it is possible for the CgPA and CdPA to
> be only PC-SSN. So, if SCCP/SUA does set the transport address as GT,
> it should also set it to point code if only point code is available.
> Perhaps the others have something to say about this too. I am curious
> though, how do you think it will help?
>
> On 3/28/07, Luis Ontanon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > There still be the IP addresses in net_src/net_dst. It would be much
> > like M3UA does that replaces ip src and ip dst by the opc and dpc
> > (which I do not doubt it is ok).
> >
> > What I wonder about is whether the GT is an address or should it be
> > just taken as a "port" on a certain address.
> >
> > On 3/28/07, Abhik Sarkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > In case of SUA, wouldn't this mean pinfo->src and pinfo->dst would no
> > > longer have the IP end-points of the SCTP association? Is yes, is that
> > > desirable?

> > --
> > This information is top security. When you have read it, destroy yourself.
> > -- Marshall McLuhan

-- Marshall McLuhan