From: "Graham Bloice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Manjunath P" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Developer support list for
Wireshark" <wireshark-dev@wireshark.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding downloading source

> Manjunath P wrote:
>> I have special "Downloading Rights "  in my  office and my m/c is not
>> behind
>> any firewall. I  downloaded a tortoise SVN(  recent SVN 1.4.3   win32 ).
>> When I try to do  "svn --version"    on my cmd line , I get  an error
>> "The
>> application has failed to start because  cygdb-4.2.dll was not found. Re
>> installing the application may fix this problem".
>>              After  this,  I tried  to  repair  with installer package.
>> Later  I uninstalled the present client  and re-installed   the windows
>> installer package  again from the Tortoise website but again found the
>> same
>> problem(given  below).  I read  sections 3.3.2  and 3.3.3  and 3.3.4  of
>> Developer's guide.
>> How  can  I proceed further?  Pls  advice
>
> The dll error was probably because your command line is picking up a
> cygwin version of svn.  Tortoise does *not* provide a command line
> version of svn.  It does provide some command line tools, but they
> aren't the same as standard svn.
>
> Using TortoiseSVN, open an Explorer window, right click any directory or
> drive and choose "SVN Checkout..." from the context menu.  It might be
> in the TortoiseSVN sub menu.
>
> In the resulting dialog, enter the correct url
> (http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/trunk) in the "URL of
> repository" field, and a suitable local directory in the "Checkout
> directory" field.  Ensure the two check boxes are cleared and select the
> "HEAD" radio button.  Click "OK".
>
> After a suitable period of time you should have the source tree on your
> local hard disk.  Continue as per the developers guide.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Graham Bloice

SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
-------------------------
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. In
case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not,
directly or
indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
and you are
requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this
message are
those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in
this message
shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken
Communication
Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and with
due
authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread
of
viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any
virus
transmitted by this email