Guy Harris wrote:
> On Jul 10, 2007, at 6:08 PM, Shehjar Tikoo wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of Python bindings for the pcapio.[ch] code in
>> Wireshark source root?
>>
>> I am looking for Python wrappers for writing pcap files and I havent
>> been able to find a library that does it or does it cleanly.
>>
>> Shehjar
>> PS: I ask because I intend to use pcapio.c to create a wrapper.
..
..

> pylibpcap and pcapy both appear to support writing pcap files, so
> presumably, if you haven't been able to find a library that does that
> or does it cleanly, neither of them do it cleanly.  What's unclean
> about how they do it?

Neither of them seem to provide a way to write the pcap_pkthdr's for
individual packets.
To me, it looks like pylibpcap depends on libpcap's internal routing
of packets from the capture source to the dump file. That wont work
for me because I am constructing the packets in-memory.

With pcapy, I dont think it exports/wraps/exposes the struct
pcap_pkthdr which is required by its dump method.

Shehjar