[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  Add a routine "filemanager_open_directory()", which takes a pathname
>  (presumed to be UTF-8 in Windows and Mac OS X; this might need work for
>  other UN*Xes) and attempts to open a file manager window for it, using
>  ShellExecute on Windows, ...

On my Windows Vista system, double-clicking
on any of the links for 'Global Configuration', 'System' and 'Program'
actually starts Wireshark.

Looking a little deeper: the 'parent' directory specified in these links
has a wireshark-gtk2.exe as well as a wireshark-gtk2 directory. (This is
my standard wireshark development setup).

Any way to force the path to be opened in file manager as a directory as
opposed to first defaulting to trying the path as an executable ?