Hi,

i'm expanding the features oft he PTP Dissector, but i wanted to know if there
is a way to read a external config file for the dissector.

The dissector would need some keys to check if the packets are valid or not
(it's about the ICV checksum).

Should I just try to add the reading of the config file to the dissector or is
there a better solution. (I think it's a bad solution because it would read the
config file every time a packet is received)

Also, is there any argument against calculating a SHA1 / SHA2 hash in the
dissector routine?

I tried to search google for a solution, but I didn't find something.

At last, is there somewhere a function reference for the dissector plugins
(like proto_tree_add_item and so)

Regards
Thomas