Från: wireshark-dev-boun...@wireshark.org
[mailto:wireshark-dev-boun...@wireshark.org] För Larry LeCrabe
Skickat: den 27 juli 2009 14:27
Till: wireshark-dev@wireshark.org
Ämne: [Wireshark-dev] Problems when trying to compile a new ASN.1dissector

Hi there,

I'm wishing to compile a new ASN.1 dissector, but I'm completely screwed
with Asn2wrs...

What I have done since the beginning :
 - Read the asn2wrs wiki at 'http://wiki.wireshark.org/Asn2wrs'
 - Copy/Paste the ETSI ASN.1 description into a text file (Hopefully, no
need to replace odd keywords!)
 - Edit a conformance file, using wlancertexn.cnf as reference, but
definitively not understanding what I was editing...
 - Edit a template file, still using wlancertexn as reference... and still
not understanding...
 - Looking for a 'Makefile.common' located in the asn1/ directory, and a
'Makefile' from another asn.1 dissector, but they *do not* exist in any
source version of wireshark I have tried... so I have edited all the
Makefile.* to add a subdir in the list for my dissector.
 - Trying to './configure' then 'make', but when 'make' comes to my
dissector, it desperately fails indicating my dissector is "defined but not
used"...

I know I am doing it like an asshole, but it is the only way I know today.

May someone helps me ?

Thanks you,
Franck.

  _____

Votre correspondant a choisi Hotmail et profite d'un stockage quasiment
illimité. Créez un <http://www.windowslive.fr/hotmail/default.asp>  compte
Hotmail gratuitement !