Anders Broman wrote:
> Hi,
> Experimenting loading the file there is 163 calls to VirtualAlloc()
> ~1.630 GB memory used
> Changing
> #define EMEM_ALLOCS_PER_CHUNK (EMEM_PACKET_CHUNK_SIZE / 512)
> to:
> #define EMEM_ALLOCS_PER_CHUNK (EMEM_PACKET_CHUNK_SIZE / 64)
>
> Gives only 26 VirtualAlloc() so it seems like we waist a huge amount of
> memory...
> 15 VirtualAlloc() with 32 bytes.
>
> Is there a reason not to change to:
> #define EMEM_ALLOCS_PER_CHUNK (EMEM_PACKET_CHUNK_SIZE / 32) ?

A data point: A few days ago while working on bug #2375 I noticed that
on Windows that if I defined the env logicals to not use se_alloc & etc
that *much* less memory was required to load a capture. (20% of that
used with se_alloc & etc ? I don't quite remember).

I haven't yet tried this on Linux.

Bill