P.S. I neglected to mention in my previous e-mail that there's a *dbus-monitor
*utility which listens on either the system bus, or the session bus and
dumps a textual copy of traffic to the shell. You might want to
reverse-engineer the mechanisms used by that for capturing, and re-implement
them in LibPCap or a custom application.

On 17 September 2010 09:02, Thomas PABST <thomas.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to make a new dissector for a new protocol. However, I would like
> to get some information before to start to be sure wireshark will be able to
> do it.
>
> The protocol referred is D-Bus. However it seems D-Dbus use only UNIX
> Socket to communicate.
> The purpose of this is to determine the better way to analyze all D-Bus
> message. Use wireshark or make my own application.
>
> Best Regards

                                          Fight Internet Censorship!
http://www.eff.org
http://vmlemon.wordpress.com | Twitter/FriendFeed/Skype: vmlemon |