Hi folks,

Over the past few hours, I've been reading version 1.2 of the USB Forum's
Communications Device Class and Ethernet Control Model Subclass
specifications; and now I'm left wondering what the best/most lightweight
way to annotate the *bInterfaceSubClass* and *bInterfaceProtocol* fields of
"*Get Descriptor Response Configuration*" packets would be.

That said, I'm not particularly interested in implementing every aspect of
those specs, right now.

Obviously, a set of new field pointers and value lookup tables would be
necessary - although having looked at the source code for the HID and Hub
dissectors, it seems that a lot of additional infrastructure is necessary*,
just to connect those, in order to provide such annotations...

Does anyone with greater familiarity of the USB dissector have any ideas?

Thanks,

Tyson.

* (Much of what I consider to be extraneous for this case is naturally the
"value added" bits that cover everything else in the appropriate specs)

--
                                          Fight Internet Censorship!
http://www.eff.org