On Aug 18, 2014, at 12:46 PM, Evan Huus <eapa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guy, how are you finding these last four or five API abuses? Do you
> have some sort of super-checkAPIs or are you just doing a lot of
> manual code review?

No, and not exactly.

I have my regression script, which I was using to check whether I'd broken
anything with the X11 changes; it runs two versions of tshark against a file,
and compares the results.  It runs against a big collection of captures,
including the menagerie used for fuzz testing.

It *also* captures the standard error of tshark in both cases, and reports it
regardless of whether it's different or not, so it catches dissector bug
messages.

I then do the code review on the dissectors that are issuing bug messages.