Hi Dan,

TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS] <daniel.m.so...@nasa.gov>:

> Hi all,
>

> I apologize if this isn’t the right place to post this question, but the
> “Building and Installing Wireshark” document said “If you cannot
> determine what the problems are, send an email to the *wireshark-dev* mailing
> list explaining your problem.”, so here I am.
>

> I’m running on an Oracle VM that is running
> *centos-release-6-7.el6.centos.12.3.x86_64*. And I downloaded the
> following source package from the git repository. (Although any recent
> checkin would be fine.)
>

> There is no *configure* file, so I ran *./config.guess* to which I got
> the following response: *x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu*. So I’m blocked. What
> do I need to do to get to a compile?

As stated in
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcBuildFirstTime.html#_building_on_unix,
when using autofoo you are supposed to run ./autogen.sh so as to generate
./configure

Alternatively, if you have cmake on your machine, you can run cmake instead
of ./autogen.sh followed by ./configure

Any reason why you are picking the old stable branch?

Best regards,
Pascal.