On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 12:29 AM, Sultan, Hassan via Wireshark-dev <
wireshark-dev@wireshark.org> wrote:
Hi Hasan,

Can you share your tools ? i can be add to wireshark for found some
violation/error...

Coming back on this and how to solve it, here's a suggestion I have, let me
> know what you guys think :
>
> - Whenever a field is really a helper rather than the actual parsed data
> (an alternate representation of data in the packet for example, here
> tcp.payload would be the alternate representation of the data parsed in the
> following layers) mark the field as FI_GENERATED, or create a new flag for
> helper fields and mark them as such

It is a idea but GENERATED it is not the good field..
it is not possible to ignore some hf on your tools ?

> In the case here, tcp.payload would stay under tcp, but flagged as
> FI_GENERATED or FI_HELPER (or whatever we'd call the flag). The NTLMSSP
> cases further in the list I gave has a similar case, where an FT_STRING
> field is present as a helper so the person looking at the parsed packet
> immediately sees what the offset/length of the string correspond to, but
> the string it represents is data located in a very different position in
> the packet and which already has another field representing it.
>
> NTMLSSP (and other dissector like GQUIC) use a map-value entry for field
and yes, it is a complicated for display this case on Wireshark...  and i
don't have solution...