On 17 August 2017 at 18:35, Paul Offord <paul.off...@advance7.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I’m getting a problem building master-2.4.  The repro steps are:
>

>    - Deleted all files in the WS code tree
>    - Deleted all files in the wsbuild64 directory
>    - Check out master-2.4.
>    - Do git pull to refresh
>    - Run the prep cmake command (as below)
>    - I get errors complaining about PowerShell
>

> C:\Development\wsbuild64>cmake -DENABLE_CHM_GUIDES=on -G "Visual Studio 12
> Win64" ..\wireshark
>
> -- The C compiler identification is MSVC 18.0.31101.0
>
> -- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 18.0.31101.0
>
> -- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual
> Studio 12.0/VC/bin/x86_amd64/cl.exe
>
> -- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual
> Studio 12.0/VC/bin/x86_amd64/cl.exe -- works
>
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
>
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
>
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual
> Studio 12.0/VC/bin/x86_amd64/cl.exe
>
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual
> Studio 12.0/VC/bin/x86_amd64/cl.exe -- works
>
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
>
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
>
> -- Detecting CXX compile features
>
> -- Detecting CXX compile features - done
>
> -- Generating build using CMake 3.7.2
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:78 (find_package):
>
>   By not providing "FindPowerShell.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
>
>   has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
>
>   "PowerShell", but CMake did not find one.
>

>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "PowerShell" with
>
>   any of the following names:
>

>     PowerShellConfig.cmake
>
>     powershell-config.cmake
>

>   Add the installation prefix of "PowerShell" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
>
>   "PowerShell_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
>
>   "PowerShell" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
> has
>
>   been installed.

> See also "C:/Development/wsbuild64/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
>

> C:\Development\wsbuild64>
>

> I did a search and found that Graham B had helped me with the same problem
> last December but on Windows 7 (I’m now on Windows 10).  This is on a dev
> VM that I haven’t changed other than last week the VM installed Windows
> Updates.  I have been building WS on the same VM although I switch branches
> quite a lot as I have a couple of private local branches.
>

> Should I be able to see the file FindPowerShell.cmake in the source tree
> and if so where?
>

> Cheers…Paul

PowerShell should always be on your Windows path, you really have to go out
of your way to get rid of it.

The FindPowerShell.cmake module should be in <source_dir>\cmake\modules\

It's very simple as powershell.exe should be on your path, usually
in<Windir>\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0.

--
Graham Bloice