On 11-10-2017 14:31, Mike Hammond wrote:
Hi - I'm working through installing the Wireshark development platform on my
laptop for the first time.  Things seem to have gone smoothly until the
installation of Visual Studio 2015 Community edition.  It seems to have
installed without errors (I'm using the chocolatey install technique via
PowerShell).  But when I look for the Native Tools Command Prompt named in
section 2.2.9, I don't see it.  The shortcuts I see in the Start Menu (I'm on
Windows 10) seem to be launching 32-bit environments.  In fact, the whole of
VS2015 seems to be installed in the Program Files(x86) directory.  Did I make a
mistake in the installation?  I'd assume I'd be getting a 64-bit VS2015.

Chocolatey Visual Studio Community installation never works well for me. Using the microsoft provided installer is fine. Be sure to select "C++ build environment" (or whatever it is called).