From: Wireshark-dev [mailto:wireshark-dev-boun...@wireshark.org] On Behalf Of
Dario Lombardo
Sent: den 4 januari 2018 15:22
To: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@wireshark.org>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling with or without extcap

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Anders Broman
<anders.bro...@ericsson.com<mailto:anders.bro...@ericsson.com>> wrote:
I don’t have a problem with making extcap a mandatory feature of Wireshark. But
since extcap prolongs the startup time and clutters the interface list.
I would like a feature to turn some or all extcap interfaces off. I think it’s
good to have them default available to make it obvious they exist but none of
the default ones are particularly useful to me.

>This is related to user experience, not compilation.
Sure but the only(easiest) way to “get rid of them” currently is to not compile
them 😊

>Did you try to disable some interfaces group, main window, next to the filter?
>There is wired, wireless, USB and >external interfaces. Disable the last one
>and you get >rid of all extcaps (display only).

I’m mostly annoyed by the startup delay.

Regards
Anders