Hi Roland,

It would be a matter of getting this updated to work with the latest wireshark. There's various changes to the SSL libs (opaque structures and the like) that need a bit of a rework to get going, and there's the wireshark API itself has changed since the way back.

Ideally the goal would be to get this incorporated into mainline because this looks like a great tool for interoperability to get wireshark's DPI capabilities from outside wireshark.

Unless you know of something similar, I think a good route forward is to get sharktools working again.  And my ultimate goal is to get Perl CPAN Net::Sharktools working with the latest and greatest.