On Feb 21, 2018, at 3:34 PM, Peter Meiser <mei...@gmx.com> wrote:

> I found another issue while building a DMG on macOS 10.13.3.
>
> While collecting the libraries which need to be added to the app bundle,
> objdump shows an error as follows:
>
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/objdump:
>  'Wireshark.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework': Is a directory
>

> Therefore, I added a check to filter out all directories in the
> $lib_dep_search_list, so that only files are evaluated.

But it won't evaluate the files *in* those directories - i.e., it won't look at
any of the Qt libraries to see what they depend on.  Is that an issue?

Should it, instead, do something such as

while $endl; do
        echo -e "Looking for dependencies. Round" $a
        #
        # libssh, for some reason, has its "install name" set to
        # just libssh.4.dylib, rather than /usr/local/lib/libssh.4.dylib,
        # when built by macosx-setup.sh.  We have to fix that; that's
        # what the sed command does.
        #
        libs="`\
                find "$pkglib" "$pkgexec" -type f -print0 | xargs -0 otool -L
$lib_dep_search_list 2>/dev/null \
                | fgrep compatibility \
                | cut -d\( -f1 \
                | sed '1,$s;^   libssh; /usr/local/lib/libssh;' \
                | egrep -v "$exclude_prefixes" \
                | sort \
                | uniq \
                `"
        cp -vn $libs "$pkglib"
        let "a+=1"
        nnfiles=`ls "$pkglib" | wc -l`
        if [ $nnfiles = $nfiles ]; then
                endl=false
        else
                nfiles=$nnfiles
        fi
done

which 1) only runs otool on plain files and 2) searches arbitrarily deeply in
the library and executable file directories?