I need some advice building a protocol tree.  I'm trying to build a tree like

  *   trb  - protocol
     *   Label of "TRB Header"
     *   trb.version - uint16
     *   trb.format - uint16
     *   trb.scheme_index - uint16
     *   trb.httpd - Boolean type but also introducing a subtree
        *   trb.httpd.host - string
        *   trb.httpd.identd - string
        *   etc.

I'm happy with creating the hf_register_info array, the problem I am having is
with the various proto_tree_xxx calls.  I currently have this:

    ti = proto_tree_add_item(tree, proto_trb, tvb, 0, -1, ENC_NA);
    trb_tree = proto_item_add_subtree(ti, ett_trb);
    tr_header_tree = proto_tree_add_subtree(trb_tree, tvb, tvb_offset, 16,
ett_trb_header, NULL, "TRB Header");

    /* Add the Version to the tree */
    proto_tree_add_item(tr_header_tree, hf_id[0], tvb, tvb_offset, 2,
    tvb_offset += 2;

    /* Add the Format to the tree */
    proto_tree_add_item(tr_header_tree, hf_id[1], tvb, tvb_offset, 2,
    tvb_offset += 2;

    /* Add the Scheme Index to the tree */
    scheme_index = tvb_get_letohs(tvb, tvb_offset);
    proto_tree_add_item(tr_header_tree, hf_id[2], tvb, tvb_offset, 4,
    tvb_offset += 2;

    tvb_offset += 2; /* Skip the Reserved field */
    tvb_offset += 8; /* Skip the Timestamp */

    // ToDo: before processing dsv data we need to add an item for the log data
constructed from the protocol name
    // and the name space e.g. trb.httpd the subtree label should be name_space
Log Data e.g. httpd Log Data
    trb_log_data = proto_tree_add_boolean(trb_tree, hf_id[3], tvb, 0, 0, 1);

I'm not sure what I need to do at the end of this block of code to successfully
define my trb.httpd subtree.  The hf info for the last field is effectively:

    { p_id,
    { "httpd Log Data", "trb.httpd",
    "TRUE if TRB in the defined name space", HFILL } }

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and regards...Paul

this e-mail from your system.

Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Advance Seven Ltd. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Advance Seven Ltd. Registered in England & Wales numbered 2373877 at Endeavour
House, Coopers End Lane, Stansted, Essex CM24 1SJ