Ok, I got the point. I always built the rpm from a build dir under the
source dir.
With your approach, the rpm-package target fails because of the lack of a
parent git directory. It expects to retrieve the current version using 'git
describe', and it can't because it has no clue on where the sources are.
However I found a solution that leverages the fact that the export archive
ships with the version number. This problem is not strictly openSUSE
related, but shared across all platforms. It didn't pop up before because
the common (suggested) approach is to have a build dir under the sources.
I'm pushing a new change that should solve your last issue, and you should
be able to build the rpm again. Let me know.
Dario.