>> On 21 Mar 2019 (Thu), at 10:16, Jasper Bongertz <jas...@packet-foo.com>
>> wrote:
>> I just saw this: https://ask.wireshark.org/question/8014/hosts-file-manager/

>> My first impulse was "put the hosts in a profile directory and switch it via
>> profiles", but when I tested that it didn't work (no names resolved). I'm
>> not sure if the hosts file is even read when it's in a profile directory, or
>> where exactly Wireshark expects a hosts file. Do you know if that's supposed
>> to work?

> Strange, in Wireshark -2.6.7 on my Mac, I do get resolved names
> from the "hosts" file in my configuration profile (after turning on
> Network layer name resolution). Which is how I expect it to work, just like
> you :-)

Yes, I tried it again after Chris Maynard said the same thing, and it worked.
So it must have been one of those "I did something wrong even though I was sure
I didn't" situations :-)

But the good thing is that Roland is now aware of all this for his planned
rewrite of the profile handling code.

Cheers,
Jasper