Because tools is loaded with many scripts other than git hooks. Re-use it
has some drawbacks: all the executables in it could be automatically run by
git. This will unlikely happen, but I don't like to leave this possibility
open. Second, much important to me, the directory is more like a toolbox
than an ordered drawer like I would expect a git hook dir. That's why I'd
move them in a new one.