On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 at 16:34, John Dill <john.d...@greenfieldeng.com> wrote:

> >Message: 2
> >Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 16:04:21 +0000
> >From: Graham Bloice <graham.blo...@trihedral.com>
> >To: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@wireshark.org>
> >Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building Wireshark 3.4.0 documentation on
> >        Windows

I set the env var LC_ALL=C.UTF8 in my shell (PowerShell classic) so
that git output is correctly displayed.  This causes StrawberryPerl to
warn  about a few locale things so I inhibit those with the env
var PERL_SKIP_LOCALE_INIT="0".

Apart from the Perl warnings as noted above that I suppress, the build runs
perfectly fine on StrawberryPerl.

I'm still floating on a Cygwin based tweak to the typical Windows build
> process for 3.2.7 since IT dept wouldn't "easily" allow Chocolatey for
> security
> reasons so my build environment isn't the usual kind.  I'll have to try
> 3.4.0
> sometime this week and see how it goes.

I have recommended for a very long time (decades!) to NOT mix
Wireshark Windows dev and Cygwin.  Maybe it's better since the move to
CMake, but we used to get no end of issues when a Cygwin binary was picked
up instead of the win32 version, apart from all the Cygwin path conversions
as well.

--
Graham Bloice