Hi all

With the release of the release candidate for 4.0 something else changed in
the source-tree and I just wanted to make you aware of that.

Over the past few weeks, whenever you built from the source-tree, you had
the option to run cmake with the parameter -DUSE_qt6=ON to enable a build
using Qt6 as default. That changed today, and Qt6 is now the default
instead of Qt5 for new builds.

You are still able to build with Qt5, and we will continue to support that
throughout 4.0 and future releases. To enable builds for Qt5, just reverse
the parameter above and use -DUSE_qt6=OFF (which coincidently should be
part of your configuration if you build over the past few months anyhow).

The rc for Windows & macOS are already Qt6, our internal builds for most
Linux distros still rely on Qt5. This will likely change over the course of
the coming months as well.

One final note. Qt sees 6.3.x as a compatibility step, meaning that with Qt
6.4 some things become obsolete. If you have warnings treated as errors
(the default option in Wireshark), you are currently not able to build
using the Qt 6.4 beta. Just disable the warning for now, or wait until the
adaptions are finished. As Qt 6.4 has not left beta-state yet and no rc had
been released no changes have been made on our side as of yet, as this may
change until the -rc versions are here.

kind regards
Roland