Alan Middlehurst wrote:

> I am on machine A running wireshark, connected to hub A......
>
> The slow machine (lets call that B) is connected to hub B. This has
> no TCP packets showing (or HTTP for that matter, even though I have
> viewed web pages whilst capturing traffic)

HTTP packets are almost certainly TCP packets.

> I have captured packets from other machines on hub B, which all have
> lots of traffic including TCP and HTTP (and yes I'm doing the same
> things on any machines I'm testing on)

So the network adapter on machine B plugged into hub B is running at 100
Mbit/s, as per

> 2, As far as I know Autoneg is working OK. The hub is connected to a
> switch but if I look at the connection on the local machine it says
> its connected at 100Mbps. Dont know if there is any other way of
> confirming  this?

Is the network adapter on machine A, plugged into machine A, also
running at 100 Mbit/s?

What about the network adapters of the other machines plugged into hub B?

And where is the switch in this network?  Is it used to...

> Hub A and B are connected together.

...connect the two hubs?