Stephen RP O'Connell wrote:
> That's sorted it, thanks very much for all of your help :) I've now got
> Wireshark compiled with libpcap 0.9-PRE-CVS, however when I try and capture
> any USB packets I get the following error:
>
> [Dissector bug, protocol USB: packet-usb.c:1004: failed assertion
> "DISSECTOR_ASSERT_NOT_REACHED"]
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

Márton Németh did, apparently; a change was checked into the USB
dissector after 0.99.7 was released, with the comment:

        From Márton Németh:
        When an ISOCHRONOUS URB was captured the packet-usb.c does not handle
it.
        Case URB_ISOCHRONOUS was added at two different places to handle it
also.

so you probably are getting isochronous traffic, and the dissector isn't
handling it.

You might try compiling the current SVN version and using that.  (It
requires more tools to be installed than does compiling a release tarball:

        http://www.wireshark.org/develop.html

See, for example, the Developer's Guide, linked to from there.