Guy Harris wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:25 AM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
>
>> But I still can't find a way to tell (looked at FT_* and BASE_*
>> constants) wireshark to interpret the field as little endian.
>
> The byte order is *NOT* a property of the field; there exist protocols
> (X11 and DCE RPC, to name two) where a given field might appear as
> little-endian in some packets and big-endian in other packets, even in
> the same capture.
>
> At least as I read the Wireshark Lua reference manual section of the
> Wireshark User's Manual, you want to do
>
>       subtree:add_le(pf, buffer(0, 4))
>
> to add a little-endian 4-byte quantity, but I'm not an expert on the
> Lua support.  Luis?

Yeap! That did the trick! Thank you!

Another Lua-specific question: is there any way to activate Lua support
in a user-basis or via some configuration file in /etc? Because init.lua
it's in /usr/share/... and when using a distribution (I'm using Debian),
if I edit the file to comment "disable_lua = true; do return end;",
every time a new version of the package is installed, I lost that
"configuration".

TIA.