Hansang Bae wrote:

> I've had better luck with Packetyzer (google network chemistry
> packetyzer).  For example, Wireshark refuses to open my Cisco wireless
> adapter, but Packetyzer can bind to the NIC.

Neither Wireshark nor Packetyzer open adapters - they both use WinPcap:

        http://www.paglo.com/opensource/packetyzer_thankyou

so any difference in the adapters they can open is probably an issue
with WinPcap.

Are Wireshark and Packetyzer running on the same machine?  What version
or versions of WinPcap are they using?  (I'm not sure it's possible to
have more than one version installed on the same machine.)