On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 at 16:17, Ramzy, Amir (Nokia - EG/Cairo) <
amir.ra...@nokia.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I am using Wireshark version 3.0.2, I do see a strange behavior. I can see
> only packets destined to my laptop mac address only any other traffic is
> not seen.
>

> My laptop is connected to a device port I do configure it as a mirror
> destination for all incoming or outgoing traffic of this device, so any
> ideas why I am not seeing all the packets.
>

> I tried another laptop which belongs to my college, it captures the
> traffic normally as expected. Note that we both uses the same wire shark
> version and our OS is windows 10

Presumably you're using npcap as the capture library.  Try uninstalling
npcap, rebooting the laptop and then installing the latest version of npcap
(currently 0.996) from here <https://nmap.org/npcap/>.

It's also possible that it's an issue with the Ethernet
adaptor\driver\firmware on the troublesome laptop.  Are you sure it's all
up to date?

--
Graham Bloice