Title: Re: Witango-Talk: Fomatting Fields within Forms
You cannot use bold or italics using any of the char fields as far as I know. However, if you fomat the returned text as encoding="none", you can add html to the database and have it returned correctly. Not exactly sure if this is what you are looking for. I use this when I need to add html tags to a database and when the data is returned, it will disply correctly.

On # 2, we've had trouble using nchar and nvarchar data types and returning the data properly in WiTango (given that it's double-byte, although I don't think you need double-byte just for accented characters).  We've had better success sticking with char and varchar fields.  We've had no trouble with accented characters and those fields.  However, I don't think you can format a text field with bold or italics as far as I know.
----- Original Message -----
From: Cecilia Cos
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 7:27 AM
Subject: Witango-Talk: Fomatting Fields within Forms

Hello,

I am using Tango2000 for NT  and SQL 2000

I would like to create a form with 2 fields, Style and Definition, that get stored in a SQL 2000 db.  This will basically be a look up dictionary that users can add new styles and definitions as well as search for them.

I have 2 questions.

1. I need to be able to format some of the text (ie, bold, italicize) that is entered into the Definition field.  I also need to be able to add accented characters such as Á and ç to this field.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can do this?

2. I currently have the datatype in SQL 2000 set to nchar.........perhaps there is a better datatype?

Cecilia C. Cos
Data Analyst

Newsweek
251 W 57th Street, New York, NY  10019