Every now and again a customer tells me their site isn't working.

File: array.taf
Position: RecordList
Class: Internal
Main Error Number: -612
The initialization string does not match the specified row and column
dimensions, or the row and column dimensions are inconsistent within the
initialization string.

Takes me some time to realise that they have have entered a delimiter (, ;
etc) in a field that is being used in an array and that all that needs to be
done is to edit some database entries (a doddle in FMP).

Of course what I really should do is fix the problem. I mean, commas are
pretty standard fare for names of events, addresses etc.

How do others approach this? Specify different row and column delimiters?
Use some sort of encoding of the input field or variable? Use a replace and
the character code for commas etc?

I just don't want to reinvent the wheel or do 10 lines of code when there is
a metatag of parameter I have missed. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW T2000 mostly but WT5 also.

Wayne Irvine

                  Byte Services Pty Ltd
               http://www.byteserve.com.au/
                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Ph 02 9960 6099   Mob 0409 960 609   Fax 02 9960 6088