I had this same problem. The way I solved it was to redefine the frame page on a https connect. In other words, when going to the pages you want to run through SSL, define a frame page to load all your frames in SSL. A bit of a hassle, but it works.

ie

http://widget.com/frame.html The first regular frame html that loads top, left and middle.

https://widget.comframe2.html The framed html loaded for SSL that loads top, left and middle.

p.s.

Make sure to carry your variables and args from one to the next or it may break.

Hope this helps...

Is there anyway that anyone is aware of that I can make a browser show the
SSL "LOCK" icon at the bottom when using frames?

In this particular situation, I have 3 frames: top, left, and main (large
target for most of my content).  The idea here is to have only the Main
frame change and the Top and Left always remain in place.

When the Main frame is the target of an SSL page, the "Lock" doesn't show up
because the Address (URL) always contains the "Home" page address.  Any way
around this?  The page is secure, that's not the problem.  I'm afraid it's
the nature of SSL.  I just thought I would throw this question out before
duplicating all the frame structure under the SSL directory.

TIA

Thomas Ferguson
Vice President
Enroll DR, LLC