Sorry, I was hoping for something in pure javascript.

I have used events for the drop-down list that call a functions which updates the <input> fields with document.all.fieldname.innerText = value.

Here are some of my snippets:

-- The <SELECT> Definition
<SELECT NAME="Course" SIZE="1" onclick="Redbook(document.Req.Course.value)" onchange="Redbook(document.Req.Course.value)" onblur="CkRed(document.Req.Course.value)">
<@ASSIGN NAME="r_temp1" VALUE="@@domain$vCourses" SCOPE="REQUEST">
<@ROWS ARRAY="vDepartments" SCOPE="DOMAIN">
<@ASSIGN NAME="r_temp1" VALUE="<@FILTER ARRAY='vCourses' SCOPE='DOMAIN' EXPR='#3=<@COL 1>'>" SCOPE="REQUEST">
<OPTION style="color: blue; font-weight:bold;" VALUE="NOGOOD">--<@COL 2>--</OPTION>
<@ROWS ARRAY="r_temp1" SCOPE="REQUEST">
<OPTION VALUE="<@COL 1>">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<@COL 2></OPTION>
</@ROWS>
<OPTION VALUE="NOGOOD">&nbsp;</OPTION>
<@ASSIGN NAME="r_temp1" VALUE="@@domain$vCourses" SCOPE="REQUEST">
</@ROWS>
</SELECT>

-- The Functions
        function Redbook(crsecd)
        {
                if (crsecd == 'NOGOOD')
                {
                        document.all.Rbook.innerText = ' ';
                }
                else
                {
                        document.all.Rbook.innerText = crsecd;
                }

        }

        function CkRed(ckr)
        {
                if (ckr == 'NOGOOD')
                {
                        alert('Invalid Selection.\n\nPlease choose again.');
                        document.Req.Course.focus();
                }
        }

--The <INPUT> Field
<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="Rbook" SIZE="10" READONLY>

This is the simplest way I know how.

Mike