From: Robert Shubert [mailto:rshub...@tronics.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 12:38 PM
To: Witango-Talk@witango.com
Subject: RE: Witango-Talk: Witango Failover tune up

Andre,

The issue you specify where existing users don't failover is a known bug. Also,
Witango has never had the functionality to do stateful failover. In fact most
environments don't (by default) since it requires either a single point of
reference (such as a database) or a lot of overhead.

TeraScript will eventually have this feature, unfortunately, there are several
steps before we get there:

1. Correcting the load balancing and (stateless) failover capabilities of the
client <-> server protocol.
2. Developing a simple pooling system that can dynamically expand and shrink
the pool.
3. Adding persistent variable synchronization (sharing domain and application
scopes variables between pooled servers)
4. Adding user variable synchronization (sharing user scoped variables between
pooled servers)

We are also keen on correcting all underlying crashing issues so failover is
more of an administrative function than a safeguard.

All of this and lot more is on the list.

Robert