From: William Conlon [mailto:b...@tothept.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2011 1:54 PM
To: Witango-Talk@witango.com
Subject: Witango-Talk: Centos apache2.2

I am migrating my old physical server to a hosted vps running 32-bit Centos 5.

When I attempt to start apache server I get:

Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 148 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
API module structure `WitangoModule' in file /etc/httpd/modules/wapache2.so is
garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?
                                                          [FAILED]

Here is the apache version I am using:

-------------

# httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.2.3
Server built:   Aug 31 2011 20:22:40
Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:3
Server loaded:  APR 1.2.7, APR-Util 1.2.7
Compiled using: APR 1.2.7, APR-Util 1.2.7
Architecture:   32-bit
Server MPM:     Prefork
 threaded:     no
   forked:     yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
-D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
-D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
-D APR_HAS_MMAP
-D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
-D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
-D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
-D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
-D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
-D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
-D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128
-D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/httpd"
-D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec"
-D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="run/httpd.pid"
-D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
-D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
-D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
-D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
-D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

My recollection is that I compiled apache2 to run with witango.  Questions:
* is the 5.0.1.065 apache module compatible with apache2.2 DSOs?
* are there any compilation flags I should use?
I am ok dropping back to apache 2 for the witango server.

Thanks.

Bill