Hi List!

(Resending due to a sourceforge bounce ...)

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 4:01 PM, K. Frank <kfrank2...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello List!

First off, I am not asking for Wt to do something that it is not
designed to do.  I'm trying to learn what Wt does do (and how
to do it).

So the answer to my question might well be no.

Is it possible to support both link1, an app-rendered internal
path, and page1.html, a plain, external html page, in the same
"folder"?  That is

   http://localhost/links/link
   http://localhost/links/page1.html

(where "--deploy-path=/links")?

I have a simple Wt test app (links.cpp) (that links to libwthttp
so that it runs as a stand-alone web server) that implements
(I think correctly) various internal paths.

I deploy it to the "folder" links (i.e., "--deploy-path=/links").

The app implements a number of internal paths: link1, link2,
etc., so they show up as urls:

   http://localhost/links/link1
   http://localhost/links/link2

So far, so good.

The application itself (links.exe) resides in a directory:

   ...\wt_test

I use this directory (the current working directory) as the
docroot (i.e., "--docroot=.").

If I create a folder:

   ...\wt_test\links

and put a regular html file in it:

   ...\wt_test\links\page1.html

I cannot browse to it through my Wt app via the url:

   http://localhost/links/page1.html

(If I try to, wthttpd starts a new session (?), calls my
WApplication constructor with internalPath() = "/page1.html",
and my onInternalPath internal-path handler function rejects
it as an unknown internal path.)

I CAN browse to (assuming they exist):

   http://localhost/page1.html
   http://localhost/links2/page1.html

and if I use "--deploy-path=/" (rather than "--deploy-path=/links"),
I CAN browse to:

    http://localhost/links/page1.html

So it seems like I cannot mix internal and external links in the
same "folder," in this case "links".  Is this the case?

I am not suggesting that Wt should support this.  It's just that
I haven't found the documentation to be very clear about what
happens when you mix internal and external links, and I'm trying
to understand what is going on.

Thanks for any explanations.

K. Frank