Hello Aarón!

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Aarón Bueno Villares
<abv15...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure, but I will say that the WServer implementation uses
> `boost::asio` no matter in which platform you are. The linking takes place
> in the wthttpd connector, which is already linked in the .so or in the .dll
> in your case or whatever the file extension is for statically linked
> libraries in Windows (by the way, I use the wthttpd connector, neither isapi
> nor fcgi).
>
> So, you have no way of knowing whether `boost::asio` is being linked or not
> looking at your manually added libraries, because the libraries needed by
> your connector are already linked in the connector object file itself (I'm
> not an expert, though, but I would say yes to that).

Yes, that makes sense.  I do link to -lwthttp (as well as -lwt).  This
resolves to libwthttp.a, a mingw-w64 / windows static library that
presumably has boost::asio linked into it.

> My Wt version is 3.3.4 and no, I haven't written any explicit code.To try to
> convince you further, the string I receive, "Address already in use",
> doesn't appear in the source code of Wt (WServer interface or connector
> --which implements some functions of WServer, so, linking against different
> connectors, get different implementation of those WServer's delegated
> functions).
>
> However, the string "Error occurred when binding" does appear in
> http/Server.C, so, the exception is being captured by Wt in the wthttp
> connector source code, and after printing that line, it prints the exception
> message ("Address already in use") carried on the `boost` exception thrown
> by the `tcp_endpoint` object when trying to connect to the configured port.

Thank you.  Your linux experience makes perfect sense to me.  The
mystery is why my windows version doesn't work the way I would
expect conventional socket code to work, even on windows.

It doesn't seem likely that something like this would have changed
between 3.3.3 and 3.3.4.  It's probably just some windows weirdness.

This isn't really an issue for me -- I was just surprised when I noticed
this behavior.

Best regards.

K. Frank