Hi,

First just a warning - this is my first foray into wix.

I am trying to build a wxs file to install an asp.net web service and an
asp.net web app that is a front end to it.

If I understand the logical <component> and <feature> constructs
correctly then each of these is a <component> and because I want the
user to be able to choose between installing one or the other or both I
should make a <features> for each one as well, each <feature> having one
respective <component>.

What I'm having trouble figuring out (and can't find an example of) is
how to take the set of files for each of these two logical components
and install them into the separate directories used by asp.net (root,
App_Code, App_WebReferences, img, etc).  Just glancing at the examples
it looks like all the files of a component are going to go into one
directory.

Thanks :-)
-john

PS any tips on getting candle to work from VS2005 would be great too. I
installed votive and can author ok but when I build it says it cant run
candle. It gives the full path and if I copy/paste it into a cmd window
it runs fine. It's also in my path so I don't even need to qualify it
but somehow it's not getting run from within VS :-(