Albert van Peppen wrote:
This way there is no need to build a seperate wixlib and you can keep everything in one project easily.
True, though you're recompiling more every time than if you built a new .wixlib.
It would be neat if you could 'override' a specific dialog. Then you you can change a single dialog tou your own needs without all the other fuss..
The reason you need a new "dialog set" fragment for that is that there's no way to specify an order for which property values should take precedence.
 As said; it works for me. Now in Wix-2.0. But i don't know if it'll work in Wix-3.0 (most likely not ?) But then again, i hope the UI handling in Wix-3.0 is somewhat 'better' (don't ask me how to define 'better' :-) )
In WiX v3, it will be easier to override a dialog when I get around to replacing the current properties with WiX variables because they have explicit overriding. We've also pulled out the controls' Publish elements into the dialog set fragments. That will let you add functionality in one place more easily.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org