Chuck wrote:
I just grabbed the 2.0.4221... version and rebuilt everything.  It now displays my message box if .Net 2.0 isn't installed but it doesn't do that until after all of the UI components have been displayed?!  Any thoughts on how to get this to run first?  In my InstallExecuteSequence I have the Custom Action set to run After="LaunchConditions".
Take a look at your MSI in Orca. Is there a LaunchConditions entry in InstallUISequence? If so, what's the sequence? Are you customizing WixUI? Are you using any .wixobj or .wixlib built with a prior version of WiX?

Basically, WiX should now add a LaunchConditions action to both InstallUISequence and InstallExecuteSequence. (WixUI isn't involved.) If it's not, we need to figure out the circumstances where it doesn't.
--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org