Akshay Bhargava, Noida wrote:

At the time of uninstalltion I want to check if a particular service is running or not .for this I have written a function code in my dll .I have also written a CustomAction corresponding to this  DllEntry. The function in my dll  returns o if service is not running and 1 if service is running.  Now  I do not know how to check the return value and take further actions like displaying a dialog box if the service is running . I have defined my custom action like

CA functions return success or failure, not status info. If you need to communicate from a CA to the setup UI or another CA, you'll need to have the CA set a property. For more details, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url="">.
--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org