John Vottero wrote:
> Are you saying that it's impossible to create a good Installer based
> Installer class?

No.
> That's fine with me, who do I start with?  I just need some direction
> from Microsoft.  Right now, I have the PowerShell team saying "use these
> Installer based classes to install your Cmdlets" but the Windows
> Installer/WiX people are saying "Yuck, don't use that crap!".  What am I
> supposed to do?

Ask the PowerShell team to do the right thing for their customers and
their customers's customers. Worst case, they should document what the
installer classes do so anyone can do it, regardless of tool. Better
yet, they can provide merge modules, .wixlibs, or WiX extensions for
strongly-typed authoring. Best of all, they can work with the WiX team
to ship them in the box. Some teams already do some of it, but it's
driven by customer demand. If they don't hear from customers that it's
an issue, they're going to (logically) do the simplest thing.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org