From: "Rob Hamflett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 3:24 AM
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Question: Migrating Existing Installer to
WindowsInstaller

When we moved over to MSI we had to deal with existing InstallShield
installs.  I got round the
problem by looking in the registry for the key InstallShield writes under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
using a RegistrySearch.  I then used the set property as the condition for a
custom error telling
the user to uninstall the existing version.  This might seem crude, but it
does the job and each
customer only has to do it once.

Rob