From: Rob Mensching [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:44 AM
To: Mike Dimmick; Peterson, Joel; wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [WiX-users] WiX 3 in Team Foundation Build

Mike is correct.  However, ideally, you’d look at getting the policy in the domain tweaked so you could run validation on your build servers.  You will catch bugs much earlier running it there.  If worse comes to worse, maybe you could only suppress validation on the build machines but ensure all dev machines still run validation.

In case anyone hasn’t noticed, Mike is just tearing up the mailing list with answers that are almost always *right on target* (very few times have I thought, “Well, I would do that a bit differently, but whatever…”).

If you haven’t said, “Thanks, Mike” recently, you should do that.

At the same time, you might also say, “Thanks, Bob” since Bob also does quite a bit of work here (Bob’s just been busy lately moving into his new condo).

And, don’t let these guys scare you away.  If you know the answer to someone else’s question, feel free to fire it off.  If you’re not quite right, someone will provide slightly adjusted guidance.  One of the best ways to learn something well is to give a slightly wrong answer and then get corrected… well, at least I remember those cases very well.  <smile/>

Okay, time for me to get back to shipping Vista.

Thanks, Mike.

Thanks, Bob.