From: Simon Dahlbacka [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 12:25 PM
To: Peterson, Joel
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Fragments, Cabinets, and Light, Oh My!

<ComponentRef Id="driver.exe"/> seems missing

/Simon

On 10/18/06, Peterson, Joel <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

Hi all.

I'm using WiX 3.0.2211.0. My installer is pretty basic, but I have a driver set provided by a partner that I want to have in its own .WXS, since creating modular installers is a good thing to do. I've attached both .WXS files (redacted and simplified); Product.wxs is the main and PrintDriver.wxs is the fragment.

Every time I build the solution in Visual Studio 2005, I get the following:

------ Rebuild All started: Project: Product, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------

                C:\Program Files\Windows Installer XML v3\bin\candle.exe -dDebug -out obj\Debug\PrintDriver.wixobj PrintDriver.wxs

                C:\Program Files\Windows Installer XML v3\bin\candle.exe -dDebug -out "obj\Debug\Product.wixobj" "Product.wxs"

                C:\Program Files\Windows Installer XML v3\bin\Light.exe -out bin\Debug\Product.msi obj\Debug\PrintDriver.wixobj "obj\Debug\Product.wixobj"

C:\Build\Installation\WiX\Product\Product.wxs(5,0): Warning LGHT1079: The cabinet 'Product.cab' does not contain any files.  If this installation contains no files, this warning can likely be safely ignored.  Otherwise, please add files to the cabinet or remove it.

========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

What stupid thing did I forget to do while splitting this off in its own Fragment? I've poured over the WiX v2 Tutorial, blogs, and this mailing list for anything and have come up blank.

Joel Peterson