-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jyothi
Gummadi
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:57 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] CLR 2.0 assembly and the gac

Hi,

when we are creating a distribution package MSI file through WIX
toolset it consists of light and candle .exe which are capable of
running on .net 1.1 assemblies. but when we convert our code to 2.0
framework, light.exe will fail to run on this 2.0 assemblies giving an
error "Invalid File Assembly " - LGHT0006.

In order to overcome this and make light.exe run successfully on our
2.0 assemblies add light.exe xml configuration file with the following
information

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
-->
<configuration>
    <startup>
        <supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
        <supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322" />
    </startup>
</configuration>

this file basically says to light.exe to support both 1.1 assemblies
and 2.0 assemblies.
now light .exe successfully  creates MSI on 2.0 net code.

Thanks & Regards,
Jyothi Gummadi

-
security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo